681. Ecocriticism and Literature for Young Readers
Thursday, 8 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., 613, WSCC
Program arranged by the Division on Children's Literature
Presiding: Caroline E. Jones, Texas State Univ.
1. "'Mother Earth' and 'Earth Mothers': Consequences of Feminizing the Earth and Its Keepers in Children's Picture Books," Amy Dunham Strand, Aquinas Coll., MI
2. "Winnie-the-Conservationist: An Ecofeminist Reading of Tuck Everlasting," Peter Kunze, Florida State Univ.
3. "Ecological Repression and Return: An Ecocritical Approach to Bloor's Tangerine and Crusader," Beth Feagan, Longwood Univ.
4. "Reading the South: Teaching Adolescents to Identify with Regional Land," Julia Pond, Illinois State Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|