Friday, 29 December
431. Concepts of Badness in Children’s Literature
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 402–403, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Children’s Literature
Presiding: Tammy Mielke, Univ. of Worcester
1. “The Pippi Perplex: Badness and Contemporary Children’s Literature,” Jennie M. Miskec, Christopher Newport Univ.
2. “Gales Will Be Gals: Dorothy’s Reproductive Capabilities and the Birth of Murder,” Jon Hodge, Boston Univ.
3. “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Resistance and Complicity in Matilda,” Kristen M. Guest, Univ. of Northern British Columbia
4. “Bad-Girl Best Friends: The Consequences of Rebellion in African American Girls’ Fiction,” Gwen Athene Tarbox, Western Michigan Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|