Saturday, 27 December
135. Princess Culture Industry
8:45–10:00 p.m., Golden Gate 3, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Children’s Literature
Presiding: June S. Cummins, San Diego State Univ.; Catherine Tosenberger, Univ. of Winnipeg
1. “The Princess and the Policeman: Negotiating Gender and Power in Fairy Tales,” Crys Benedicks, Wabash Coll.
2. “Revisiting the Exotic: Manipulating the Postcolonial Princess in Western Discourse,” Natalie Wall, Univ. of Calgary
3. “Disney Princesses, Barbie Princesses: Seventies Feminism versus Mid-Century Nostalgia,” Lisa Marie Orr, Utica Coll.
4. “Passive Princesses? Perversions of the Fairy-Tale Form in Princess Culture,” Helen Pilinovsky, California State Univ., San Bernardino
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|