Wednesday, 29 December
366. Queer Japan: Literature and Culture
8:30–9:45 a.m., Lescaze, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Gay Studies in Language and Literature
Presiding: Kathryn Schwarz, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. “Passion for the Apparatus: Inagaki Taruho’s Solids, Sublimation, and Sexuality,” Jonathan Mark Hall, Univ. of California, Irvine
2. “Architectures of Language in the Fiction of Yoshiya Nobuko,” Sarah Frederick, Boston Univ.
3. “Wartime Lesbian Narrative and Resistance in Yokota Fumiko’s ‘A Book of Daylight,’” Miho Matsugu, Univ. of Chicago
4. “A Japanese Electra and Her Queer Progeny,” J. Keith Vincent, New York Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|