Tuesday, 28 December
81. Philadelphia Fire: Philadelphia in African American Thought and Expression
8:30–9:45 a.m., 306, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Black American Literature and Culture
Presiding: Amritjit Singh, Rhode Island Coll.
1. “Jessie Fauset’s Philadelphia: Site of Desire and Dissatisfaction in The Chinaberry Tree and Plum Bun,” Rita Bernice Dandridge, Norfolk State Univ.
2. “Sonia Sanchez: The Critical Reception of a Philadelphia Poet,” Joyce Ann Joyce, Temple Univ.
3. “Dislocating Africa in Philadelphia: The Liminality of Afrocentrism and Cultural Hybridity,” Margo Crawford, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
4. “Du Bois, the Talented Tenth, and The Philadelphia Negro,” Pradyumna S. Chauhan, Arcadia Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|