Tuesday, 30 December
760. Early Modern Hemispheric Studies
10:15–11:30 a.m., Nob Hill A, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Colonial Latin American Literatures
Presiding: Gustavo Verdesio, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1. “Religion and the Hemispheric Turn: Theories and Methods,” Stephanie Louise Kirk, Washington Univ.
2. “Ore Both of Gold and of Silver: Early Spanish and English Visions of the Appalachian Region,” Kimberly Borchard, Univ. of Chicago
3. “Juan Ponce de León’s Expeditions to Florida: Toward a Cultural History of the Spanish Empire in the United States (1513–97),” Raul Marrero-Fente, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
4. “Mimetic and Colonial Desire and the English Conquest of Peru,” Geoffrey Shullenberger, Brown Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|