Tuesday, 29 December
387. Americanism and Anti-Americanism in Italian Culture in the Twentieth and Twenty-First Centuries
8:30–9:45 a.m., Commonwealth Hall A1, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century Italian Literature
Presiding: Norma Bouchard, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
1. “The Italian Hero and the American Merchant: Anti-Americanism and Cultural Autarchy in Fascist Propaganda,” Chiara Bauzulli, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
2. “Hollywood Dreams: Rossellini’s Americans in Italy,” Siobhan S. Craig, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
3. “Neither for Money, nor for Love, nor for Heaven: The Italian Legacy of Edgar Lee Masters,” Andrea Malaguti, Columbia Univ.
4. “L’orizzonte aperto dell’America per non morire: Sulle tracce di Pavese,” Rossana Barbera, Center for Italian Studies, Baltimore; Annelise Brody, Washington Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|