Friday, 07 January
346. The New Italians: Migrant, Postmigrant, and Postcolonial Writers and Filmmakers
3:30–4:45 p.m., 304C, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century Italian Literature
Presiding: Francesca G. Parmeggiani, Fordham Univ., Bronx
1. “Investigating Immigration: Counternarratives of Power in Contemporary Italian Fiction,” Loredana Di Martino, Univ. of San Diego
2. “History, Memory, and Descent: Nomadic Genealogies in Igiaba Scego’s Oltre Babilonia,” Johanna Rossi Wagner, Penn State Univ., University Park
3. “Identity and Otherness in Contemporary Italian Cinema,” Fulvio S. Orsitto, California State Univ., Chico
4. “Accented Filmmaking in Postmillennial Italy: From Lettere al vento to C.A.R.A. Italia,” Áine O’Healy, Loyola Marymount Univ.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|