690. Human Rights Rhetoric: Witness and Testify
Thursday, 8 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 303, WSCC
Program arranged by the Division on the History and Theory of Rhetoric and Composition
Presiding: Wendy Hesford, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
1. "The Risks and Limits of a Rhetorical Approach to Human Rights," Arabella Lyon, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York; Lester Olson, Univ. of Pittsburgh
2. "Industrial Labor's Mary Harris 'Mother' Jones and the Rhetorics of Display," Mari Boor Tonn, Univ. of Richmond
3. "Human Rights and Civil Rights: The Advocacy of African American Women Writers," Jacqueline Jones Royster, Georgia Inst. of Tech.
4. "Rights Language and HIV Treatment: Universal Care or Population Control?" Cindy Patton, Simon Fraser Univ.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 1 Dec.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|