Tuesday, 27 December
6. Reading Race in Black and Yellow
5:15–6:30 p.m., Hoover, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Asian American Literature
Presiding: Daniel Young-Hoon Kim, Brown Univ.
1. “‘Brown People of the Earth’: Empire and Miscegenation in Pauline Hopkins and Sui Sin Far,” Christina Chia, Duke Univ.
2. “Quicksand and the Racial Aesthetics of Chinoiserie,” Julia Lee, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. “Racial Passing and Utopian Longings in George Schuyler’s Black No More and Eric Liu’s Accidental Asian,” Hee-Jung Joo, Univ. of Oregon
4. “The African American Influences in Gish Jen’s Mona in the Promised Land,” Bess Poehlmann, Univ. of Texas, El Paso
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|