Saturday, 30 December
655. Politics of Feeling: Affect and Asian American Literature
10:15–11:30 a.m., 406, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Asian American Literature
Presiding: Leslie A. Bow, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
1. “The Politics of Anger in Asian American Culture; or, Why Nice People Suck,” James Young Kim, Fordham Univ., Bronx
2. “Shame and the Refugee Subject in the Work of lê thi diem thúy and Aimee Phan,” Susan Muchshima Moynihan, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
3. “Psychic Readings: Paranoia and Asian American Literature and Culture,” Swan Kim, Univ. of Virginia
4. “It Feels like Work: Emotional Labor, Discipline, and Asian American Women,” K. Hyoejin Yoon, West Chester Univ.
Respondent: Jeffrey J. Santa Ana, Dartmouth Coll.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|