78. Asian American Regionalisms
Tuesday, 5 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., 615, WSCC
Program arranged by the Division on Asian American Literature
Presiding: Anita Mannur, Miami Univ., Oxford
1. "Feeling Blue in the Midwest: Queer Diasporic Aesthetics in Rakesh Satyal's Blue Boy," Martin J. Ponce, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
2. "The Rural and the Global: The Queer South of Monique Truong's Bitter in the Mouth," Denise Cruz, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
3. "'How This Place Eats Us All Up': Beyond the Internment in Lee Ann Roripaugh's Beyond Heart Mountain," Michelle Young-Mee Rhee, Skidmore Coll.
4. "Scaling the South: Vietnamese American Gardens and New Orleans," Marguerite B. Nguyen, Tulane Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|