495. Asian Americans and the Undead
Monday, 11 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Sheffield, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Asian American Literature
Presiding: Julia Lee, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. "Beautiful White Bodies and Decaying Constructions of Identity," Nicole M. Cannon, Miami Univ., Oxford
2. "Transgressive Identities in Residual Hauntings: History and Trauma in Alvin Lu's The Hell Screens," Haerin Shin, Vanderbilt Univ.
3. "Asian American Writers, Allegorical Reading, and the Rise of Young-Adult Paranormal Urban Fantasy Romance Fictions," Stephen Sohn, Stanford Univ.
4. "Agency of the Undead: Converging Histories in The Legend of Firehorse Woman," Xiaojing Zhou, Univ. of the Pacific
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|