Thursday, 27 December
58. Marketing Childhood and Adolescence in Asian American Literature
5:15–6:30 p.m., San Francisco, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Division on Asian American Literature
Presiding: Greta AiYu Niu, Univ. of Rochester
1. “Asia Lost and Found: Allen Say and Kyoko Mori, Two Japanese American Authors of Children’s and Young-Adult Books,” Sheng-mei Ma, Michigan State Univ.
2. “Korean American Children’s Literature and ‘Axis of Orientals’: Cold War Discourse in Sook Nyul Choi, Frances and Ginger Park, and Linda Sue Park,” Mijeong Park, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
3. “That’s Not Me: The Cultural Production of the Foreign and the Familiar in Asian American Literature for Young Adults,” Monica E. Chiu, Univ. of New Hampshire, Durham
4. “Jin, Danny, and the Monkey King 3-in-1: Gene Yang’s American Born Chinese,” Lan Dong, Univ. of Illinois, Springfield
For copies of abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|