Saturday, 30 December
631. Gender Transgressions in East Asian Literature and Culture
8:30–9:45 a.m., Tubman, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures after 1900
Presiding: Aoi Mori, Hiroshima Jogakuin Univ.
1. “Transgressive Women, Abuse of Dress Code: Female Cross-Dressing in Chinese Literature,” Lan Dong, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
2. “Cross-Cultural Transformations: Voice, Spectacle, and the Contours of the Empire,” Faye Yuan Kleeman, Univ. of Colorado, Boulder
3. “Perpetuation and Transgression: The Female Body in Eileen Chang’s Chidizhilian and Naked Earth,” Jessica Tsui-Yan Li, Univ. of Toronto
4. “In Response to Mishima Yukio’s Self-Destructive Masculinity: Enchi Fumiko’s Man-Eating Women in Her Later Works,” Fukuko Kobayashi, Waseda Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|