Wednesday, 29 December
421. Popular Culture in East Asia I: Family and Gender
10:15–11:30 a.m., Congress A, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures after 1900
Presiding: Jung Soon Shim, Soongsil Univ.
1. “Gender and Theater: Changing Images of Women on the Chinese Stage,” Shiao-ling S. Yu, Oregon State Univ.
2. “Ozu Yasujiro and Hou Hsiao-hsien: The Vanishing Family Structure and Emergent Transnational Identity,” Christopher M. Lupke, Washington State Univ., Pullman
3. “The Three Faces of Taipei: Love Affairs through Camera Lens,” Meiling Wu, California State Univ., Hayward
4. “Hanju: Those Full, (Over)Painted Lips That Dare to Confess,” Sheng-mei Ma, Michigan State Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|