605. Modern East Asian Literature, World Literature
Thursday, 7 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Cedar, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures after 1900
Presiding: Melek Ortabasi, Simon Fraser Univ.
1. "Feng Zhi's Creative Integration of Rilke's Modernist Poetics," Geraldine Fiss, Univ. of Southern California
2. "The False Start of Modern Japanese Literature in English Translation," Samuel Malissa, Yale Univ.
3. "Korean Literature Translation Institutes and the Rebranding of Korean Culture," Jennifer Wang Medina, Columbia Univ.
4. "Lyricism, Political Pedagogy, and the Literary Type: Guo Moruo and the Problem of the Historical Tragedy," Pu Wang, New York Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|