Wednesday, 28 December
102. Humor in Chicana/o Popular Culture
8:30–9:45 a.m., Caucus, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Chicana and Chicano Literature
Presiding: Lawrence M. La Fountain-Stokes, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1. “How to Be a Chicana Role Model: Popularity and Rejection,” Emma Ruth García, Colby Coll.
2. “¿Pochismo y qué? Satire and ‘Generation Mex’ in the Pocho Zines of Lalo López and Esteban Zulin,” Alesia Garcia, DePaul Univ.
3. “Satirical Masculinities of Excess: Reading, Violence, and Humor in Denise Chavez’s Face of an Angel,” Nicole M. Guidotti-Hernández, Univ. of Arizona
4. “Cheech and Chong and the Homies,” Charli G. Valdez, Drew Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|