Tuesday, 27 December
56. Convergences and Divergences: Chicano and Fronteriza Literatures
7:00–8:15 p.m., Georgetown West, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Chicana and Chicano Literature
Presiding: María Alicia Garza, Boise State Univ.
1. “‘You Say Chicana, I Say Fronteriza’: Borders and Transnational Feminism,” Marta Esther Sánchez, Arizona State Univ., Tempe
2. “The Camera under Erasure: The Transfronteriza Work of Lourdes Portillo,” Hector Avalos Torres, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
3. “Relational Geographies of the Borderlands in Contemporary Mexicanista-Transfronteriza Feminisms,” Michelle Joffroy, Smith Coll.
4. “Fragmented Borders: Women’s Writing from las Fronteras,” Guadalupe Cortina, Univ. of Texas–Pan American
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|