Monday, 28 December
219. Masculinity and Disability
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon I, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Disability Studies
Presiding: Ann R. Keefer, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
1. “Fetishizing Pain, Relishing the Grotesque: Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler,” Colleen Glenn, Univ. of Kentucky
2. “Enabling Disabled Metaphors: Rereading Disabled Men in The Invalid Car and The Garden of Earthly Delights,” Ryan Prout, Cardiff Univ.
3. “Masculinity, Homosexuality, and the Disabled Body: Kenny Fries,” William Patrick Jeffs, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
4. “‘Chicks Dig This. It’s Better than a Puppy’: Crippled Masculinity and Enabling Misanthropy in House M.D.,” Joseph Paul Fisher, George Washington Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|