Friday, 07 January
266. Film Simulations of Disability
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Atrium I, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Disability Studies
Presiding: David Mitchell, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
1. “Disability Film Festivals and the Politics of Atypicality,” David Mitchell; Sharon Snyder, Brace Yourselves Productions
2. “Faking It: Canadian Identity and Disability Cinema,” Sally J. Chivers, Trent Univ.
3. “Deaf by Design,” Robert L. Johnson, Midwestern State Univ.
4. “Filming Illiteracy: The Pathology of Dyslexia in Claude Chabrol’s La cérémonie,” Lynn Tarte Ramey, Vanderbilt Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|