Saturday, 29 December
608. HIV/AIDS, Disability, and Culture
7:15–8:30 p.m., Truffles, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Division on Disability Studies
Presiding: Kristen C. Harmon, Gallaudet Univ.
1. “What Do You Want from Me? The Experience of Derek Jarman’s Blue,” Thomas H. Ratekin, Barnard Coll.
2. “Deadlier than AIDS? Medicine, Magic, and HIV in Nigerian Video Films,” Stefan Sereda, Wilfrid Laurier Univ.
3. “AIDS and Disability: A Cultural Synecdoche,” Chris Bell, Nottingham Trent Univ.
4. “Blood Is No Longer Life: AIDS, Loss, and Mourning as Disability in Kenny Fries’s Poetry,” Matthew Rohweder, Simon Fraser Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|