Sunday, 28 December
292. Native Studies Meets Disability Studies
1:45–3:00 p.m., Golden Gate 1, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Disability Studies
Presiding: Susannah B. Mintz, Skidmore Coll.
1. “I See What You’re Saying: Revisioning Body and Land in American Indian Plains Sign Talk Texts,” Kay Yandell, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
2. “Rehabilitation Reservations: Native Narrations of Disability and Community,” Siobhan Senier, Univ. of New Hampshire, Durham
3. “Prosthesis in Play: Hanay Geiogamah’s Body Indian,” Ann Fox, Davidson Coll.
4. “The Disobedient Skin: Reading Disability in the Native American Novel,” Sean Teuton, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|