56. African Studies / Postcolonial Studies: A Match (Un)Made in Academia
Tuesday, 5 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Aspen, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on Postcolonial Studies in Literature and Culture
Presiding: Anjali Prabhu, Wellesley Coll.
1. "African Studies: Postcolonial Studies by Another Name?" Kwaku L. Korang, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
2. "Has Africa Ever Been Postcolonial?" Nicholas Mainey Brown, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
3. "Disciplinary Intimacies: Postcolonialism and African Studies," Taiwo Adetunji Osinubi, Université de Montréal
4. "The Place of Africa, in Theory: From Pan-Africanism to Postcolonialism," Shaden M. Tageldin, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Responding: Simon E. Gikandi, Princeton Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|