Sunday, 27 December
77. Postcolonial Comparisons: Literary History
7:00–8:15 p.m., 204-A, Pennsylvania Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Postcolonial Studies in Literature and Culture
Presiding: John Charles Hawley, Santa Clara Univ.
1. “Neo-Orientalism in America,” Ali Behdad, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Simultaneous Temporalities and the Problem of Literary History: Hatterrs, Hacks, Daedalus, and Hindu Merchants,” Rashmi Bhatnagar, Univ. of Pittsburgh
3. “Materializing Ethnic Literary History,” Colleen Lye, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “Edouard Glissant and the Conscience of Literature in History,” Natalie A. Melas, Cornell Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|