554. Postcolonial African Cinema
Sunday, 5 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 206, Hynes
Program arranged by the Division on Postcolonial Studies in Literature and Culture
Presiding: Anjali Prabhu, Wellesley Coll.
1. "Aphasic Melodrama: Cinematic Justice in Contemporary South Africa," Madhumita Lahiri, Brown Univ.
2. "Making 'African' Films: Cameroon and Beyond," Jean-Marie Teno, Mèze, France
3. "Ethiopia, Africa, Cinema, and Media," Salem Mekuria, Wellesley Coll.
4. "Documentary/Fiction: Senegalese Film and the Profile of a (Global) Citizen-Filmmaker," Joseph Gaï Ramaka, New Orleans, LA
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|