266. Realisms after Modernisms
Tuesday, 6 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 616, WSCC
Program arranged by the Division on Postcolonial Studies in Literature and Culture
Presiding: Susan Z. Andrade, Univ. of Pittsburgh
1. " Inverse Mimesis and the Realist Aesthetics of Literary Criticism: Roberto Bolaño's The Savage Detectives and 2666," Tania Gentic, Georgetown Univ.
2. "'Neo-realism' in Different Voices," Gautam Premnath, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. "Ways of Seeing: Caribbean Realism and the Visual Image," Emily Hyde, Princeton Univ.
4. "The Realist Novel Diverted: Epistemology and Form in George Lamming's The Emigrants," Nicholas Robinette, Oberlin Coll.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|