Friday, 07 January
317. Self-Determination: The Poetry of Mahmoud Darwish Now
1:45–3:00 p.m., 402A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Arabic Literature and Culture
Presiding: Nouri Gana, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
1. “The Poetics of Absence in Darwish’s Poetry,” Sinan Antoon, New York Univ.
2. “Hope and the Historicity of Poetry in Late Darwish,” Thomas J. W. Hill, Columbia Univ.
3. “Forgetful Poiesis: Philosophical Reflections on Darwish and Rilke’s Terror,” Simona Livescu, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
4. “My Will Is the Impossible: Reading Darwish Now and Here,” Anthony Alessandrini, Kingsborough Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|