Thursday, 06 January
33. Arab Literature and Commitment
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 406B, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Arabic Literature and Culture
Presiding: Amal M. Amireh, George Mason Univ.
1. “Al-Katib Al-Misri: The Politics of Late-Nahda Cosmopolitanism,” Christopher Micklethwait, Univ. of Texas, Austin
2. “Muslim Women in Naif Al-Mutawa’s Comic Book The 99,” Shirin E. Edwin, Sam Houston State Univ.
3. “The Politics of Pain: Evelyne Accad and Aïcha Ech-Channa,” Brinda J. Mehta, Mills Coll.
4. “Iconographies of Redemptive Self-Sacrifice in Contemporary Lebanon,” Ken Seigneurie, Simon Fraser Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|