364. Cultures of the Arab Uprisings
Monday, 4 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., 201, Hynes
Program arranged by the Division on Arabic Literature and Culture
Presiding: Christopher Micklethwait, Saint Edward's Univ.
1. "Revolution as Archive: Egypt's Uprising in Arab Fiction and Poetry," Tahia Abdel Nasser, American Univ. in Cairo
2. "Between Tahrir and 'Tahrir': Some Paradoxes of Memorializing a Revolution in Real Time," Margaret Litvin, Boston Univ.
3. "The Unsettling Languages of the Arab Street: The Genuine and the Duplicate," Muhsin J. al-Musawi, Columbia Univ.
4. "Discourses of Uprising," Ken Seigneurie, Simon Fraser Univ., Surrey
For abstracts, visit www.kseigneurie.com.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|