761. The Bed Is the Front Line of the Struggle
Wednesday, 6 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 305, Hynes
Program arranged by the Division on Arabic Literature and Culture and the Division on Women's Studies in Language and Literature
Presiding: Suha Kudsieh, Coll. of Staten Island, City Univ. of New York
1. "Bunga Bunga to Zenga Zenga: Hisham Matar’s Extraordinary Rendition of Biopolitics," Christopher Micklethwait, Saint Edward's Univ.
2. "The Marriage of Polis and Eros in Latifa Al-Zayyat's The Open Door," Nada Ayad, Univ. of Southern California
3. "'Small Ecstasies': Inscriptions of History and Desire in Etel Adnan’s Poetics," Mahwash Shoaib, Brookdale Community Coll., NJ
4. "Beyond the Boudoir: France and North Africa," Walter Temple, Univ. of Miami
For abstracts, visit www.kseigneurie.com.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|