584. Cognitive Historicist Approaches to Literature
Monday, 11 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Sheraton I, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Cognitive Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Julien Jacques Simon, Indiana Univ. East
1. "The Janus Hypothesis in Don Quixote: Memory and Imagination in Cervantes," Julia Dominguez-Castellano, Iowa State Univ.
2. "Shakespeare and the Science of Imagination," Suparna Roychoudhury, Mount Holyoke Coll.
3. "Empathy and the Experience of Foreign Consciousness in Literary Modernism," Meghan Marie Hammond, New York Univ.
4. "The Subterranean World of Memory: Mira Bartók's Struggle for Articulation in The Memory Palace," Genie Giaimo, Northeastern Univ.
For papers, visit cognitiveapproachestoliterature.commons.mla.org/ after 5 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|