22. Cognitive Approaches to Film
Saturday, 9 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Chicago X, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Cognitive Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Julien Jacques Simon, Indiana Univ. East
1. "Seeing Is Not Believing: How Cognitive Science Can Redeem Popular Film," Jennifer M. William, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
2. "Journeys of Imagination: Embodied Metaphors of Cinematic Absorption," Jake Ivan Dole, Georgia State Univ.
3. "Exposition in Narrative Cinema," Jason Gendler, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
4. "Traversing Narrative Space in Hollywood Films," James E. Cutting, Cornell Univ.
For papers, visit cognitiveapproachestoliterature.commons.mla.org/ after 5 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|