Tuesday, 28 December
150. Get Down: Disability, Depression, and Difference
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 401–403, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Disability Studies
Presiding: Tammy Elizabeth Berberi, Univ. of Minnesota, Morris
1. “Depression: The Melancholia of History,” Petra Kuppers, Bryant Univ.
2. “Embodied Dissoi Logoi: Mental Health Difference as Dialectic,” Marian E. Lupo, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
3. “Down and Out: Transference, Depression, and the Teaching Self,” Julia Knowlton De Pree, Agnes Scott Coll.
4. “Just Get Up: Antidepression Arguments in Contemporary Representations of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Other Controversial Disabilities,” Anna Mollow, Univ. of California, Berkeley
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|