Wednesday, 28 December
134. Law, Theater, Performance
10:15–11:30 a.m., Embassy, Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Law as Literature
Presiding: Kathryn D. Temple, Georgetown Univ.
1. “The Star Chamber and the Performance of Authority: Reading William Prynne’s Histriomastix,” Lisa A. Freeman, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
2. “Epic Habitus, Epic Trial: Epic, Race, and Legal Performance in Wright’s Native Son,” Gregory E. Rutledge, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
3. “Bedeviling Spectacle: The Theaters of Law and Witchcraft,” Todd Wayne Butler, Washington State Univ., Pullman
4. “Blake and the Pious Perjury of Reading,” Mark L. Barr, Vanderbilt Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|