Thursday, 29 December
423. Family and Postcolonial Nation
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Monroe East, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Postcolonial Studies in Literature and Culture
Presiding: Gillian H. Gane, Hamilton Coll.
1. “Postcolonial Family Values? The Discourses of Nationalism in Micere Githae Mugo and Ngugi wa Thiong’o’s The Trial of Dedan Kimathi,” Apollo Amoko, Univ. of Florida
2. “All about Krotoa-Eva: Nationality and the Family Tree in Postapartheid South African Fiction,” Kerry Bystrom, Princeton Univ.
3. “The Nation and Its Rivals: Conceptual Metaphors in Hindi Cinema,” Patrick Colm Hogan, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
4. “The Dystopian Family and the Globalized Nation in Contemporary Indian Women’s Writing,” Josna E. Rege, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|