Wednesday, 29 December
530. Framing the Secular: South Asian Contexts
3:30–4:45 p.m., Washington B, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on South Asian Languages and Literatures
Presiding: Hena Ahmad, Truman State Univ.
1. “The Panchatantra and Secular Tale-Telling in the Premodern World,” Brenda Deen Schildgen, Univ. of California, Davis
2. “Secular Literature in Preindependent India: A Look at Ismat Chughtai and Saadat Hasan Manto,” Deepika Marya, Univ. of Southern Maine, Portland
3. “Re-presenting the Burdens of South Asian History: Narayan and Rushdie,” Pradyumna S. Chauhan, Arcadia Univ.
4. “The Vernacular of Doubt,” Amitava Kumar, Penn State Univ., University Park
For copies of papers, write to Hena Ahmad (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 Nov. 2004.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|