Wednesday, 28 December
179. Postplantation Society in the South, Latin America, and the Caribbean
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Park Tower Suite 8222, Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Southern Literature
Presiding: Anne G. Jones, Univ. of Florida
1. “Edouard Glissant’s Orphan Narratives,” Valérie I. Loichot, Emory Univ.
2. “Reading The Awakening with Fernando Ortiz,” Michelle R. Ladd, Claremont Graduate Univ.
3. “White Witch and African Princess: Race and Gender in the Making of Postplantation Tourism,” Leah Reade Rosenberg, Univ. of Florida
4. “We Are Family: Afro-Argentines and Cross-Cultural Parallels in the ‘Southern’ Americas,” Edith Moss Jackson, Howard Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|