Tuesday, 27 December
35. English Studies and Political Literacy
7:00–8:45 p.m., Cotillion Ballroom North, Marriott
Presiding: Donald P. Lazere, Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville
1. “How Can Americans under Forty Be Tuned Back In to Following the News?” David T. Z. Mindich, Saint Michael’s Coll.
2. “Student Conservatism and Political Literacy,” Adolph L. Reed, Jr., Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. “Political Literacy in Rhetoric and Composition Studies,” Patricia Roberts-Miller, Univ. of Texas, Austin
4. “Reading and Political Literacy at Risk in Young Americans,” Mark Bauerlein, Emory Univ.
5. “Learning Political Literacy through Chicago’s Public Schools: What’s College Funding Got to Do with It?” Kenneth W. Warren, Univ. of Chicago<
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|