222. The Twenty-First-Century MLA: Reimagining the Order of Things
Sunday, 4 January, 10:15 a.m.–12:00 noon, Republic Ballroom, Sheraton
A forum arranged by the MLA Working Group on the Revision of the Divisions and Discussion Groups
Presiding: Marianne Hirsch, Columbia Univ.
1. "Language/Nation," Brent Hayes Edwards, Columbia Univ.
2. "Regions," Agnes Ivelisse Lugo-Ortiz, Univ. of Chicago
3. "Genre," Patricia Yaeger, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
4. "Period," Margaret W. Ferguson, Univ. of California, Davis
5. "Comparison and Interdisciplinarity," Carla A. Freccero, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz
This forum will scrutinize the scholarly categories that structure our approaches to the study of language and literature as well as to the divisions and discussion groups of the MLA, their currency in the present, and their relevance for the future.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|