184. Reciprocity: Game Playing and Competition in the Arthurian World
Saturday, 4 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Berkeley, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Arthurian Literature
Presiding: Dorsey Armstrong, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
1. "'Knyȝtez in cauelaciounz on Crystmasse gomnez': The Beheading Game and the Camelot Kissing Game in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight as Reciprocal Contests," Murray McGillivray, Univ. of Calgary
2. "Hunting and the Game of War in the Alliterative Morte Arthure," Ryan Judkins, Univ. of Massachusetts, Boston
3. "Competing for Space and Place in Malory's 'The Day of Destiny,'" Molly A. Martin, McNeese State Univ.
4. "Palomides: The Saracen Player," Meriem Pagès, Keene State Coll.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|