596. Language, Literature, Learning: New Research in Celtic Studies
Tuesday, 7 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 306, WSCC
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Celtic Languages and Literatures
Presiding: Richard Murphy, Univ. of South Carolina, Spartanburg
Richard Murphy's Annotation:
1. "Learning and Literacy in Twelfth-Century Ireland: The Irish Odyssey between Literacy and Orality," Barbara Lisa Hillers, Harvard Univ.
2. "Revolting Gaelic: Rebellious Scottish Codes in Scott and Stevenson," Anna Faktorovich, Edinboro Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. "Blindness and Poetic Vision in Eighteenth-Century Irish Poetry," Sarah Elizabeth McKibben, Univ. of Notre Dame
4. "The Language of Diplomacy and Conquest in Eleventh-Century Wales," Sarah Zeiser, Harvard Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|