Thursday, 28 December
171. Hungarian Literature and Europe
10:15–11:30 a.m., Washington B, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Hungarian Literature
Presiding: Roland Vegso, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
1. “Europe or Not?” Enikö Molnár Basa, Library of Congress
2. “The Comic Voices of Central European Immaturity: Esti Kornel and the Velvet Babel,” Sorin Cucu, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
3. “Fantasies and Fetishes: Western European, British, American, and ‘Oriental’ Identities in Antal Szerbs’s Novel Journey by Moonlight,” Timea K. Szell, Barnard Coll.
4. “The Art of Being European: Gyorgy Konrad and the Aestheticization of European Identity,” Roland Vegso
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 6 Dec.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|