457. Biopolitics and Its Limits
Monday, 5 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Riverway, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Interdisciplinary Approaches to Culture and Society
Presiding: Sophia A. McClennen, Penn State Univ., University Park
1. "Subject and Substance: Theorizing the Limits of Biopolitics," Christopher David Breu, Illinois State Univ.
2. "Biopolitics, Environmentalism, and the Management of Reproductive Lives," Karen Weingarten, Queens Coll., City Univ. of New York
3. "Biopolitics and the Problem of Interiority," Leerom Medovoi, Portland State Univ.
4. "The Life of Class," Peter James Hitchcock, Baruch Coll., City Univ. of New York
Responding: Sophia A. McClennen
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|