770. Jewish American or Jewish Americas?
Monday, 12 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Great America, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Jewish American Literature
Presiding: Laurence D. Roth, Susquehanna Univ.
1. "Searching for Identity in the Shadow of America: David Albahari, David Bezmozgis, Assimilation, and the Jewish Canadian Dream," Ellen Feig, Bergen Community Coll. at the Meadowlands, NJ
Ellen Feig's Annotation:
2. "Jews, Slave Empire, and the Caribbean Romance in Antebellum Sensation Fiction," David John Anthony, Southern Illinois Univ., Carbondale
3. "Sephardism in Caribbean Literature: Derek Walcott's Tiepolo's Hound," Sarah P. Casteel, Carleton Univ.
4. "Artifacts of the Eastern European Jewish Diaspora in the Americas: Jonathan Safran Foer's Everything Is Illuminated and Daniel Burman's El abrazo partido," Stephanie Pridgeon, Emory Univ.
For abstracts, visit MLA Commons.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|