Sunday, 09 January
699. Constitutional Culture and Literary History
8:30–9:45 a.m., 402A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Law as Literature
Presiding: Elliott Visconsi, Yale Univ.
1. “Measure for Measure and the Institution of the Common Law,” Bernadette Meyler, Cornell Univ.
2. “The English Novel, Human Rights, and Habeas Corpus Jurisprudence, 1789–1820,” Sarah E. Winter, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “Weimar 1919: Walter Benjamin’s Constitutional Criticism,” Thomas Oliver Beebee, Penn State Univ., University Park
4. “Reading Veils,” Peter Brooks, Princeton Univ.
For abstracts, visit www.visconsi.org after 1 Dec.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|