602. Criminal Justice and the Literary Imagination
Sunday, 11 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Sheffield, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Law as Literature
Presiding: Melissa J. Ganz, Marquette Univ.
1. "Space, Crime, and American Literature," Caleb Smith, Yale Univ.
2. "Hesitant Verdicts," Daniel Williams, Harvard Univ.
3. "Peter Carey's True History of the Kelly Gang: (Out)Laws and Legal Precedents in Australian Literature," Rebecca Weaver-Hightower, Univ. of North Dakota
4. "Unsilencing the 'Irate Negress': Zora Neale Hurston and the Trial of Ruby McCollum," Courtney Marshall, Univ. of New Hampshire, Durham
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|