97. American Linguistic Plurality
Saturday, 3 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., 203, Hynes
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Literature of the United States in Languages Other Than English
Presiding: Heidi Kathleen Kim, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. "Dialects of Regionalist Modernism in Sui Sin Far's Mrs. Spring Fragrance," Audrey Wu Clark, United States Naval Acad.
2. "Vocal Color: Recovering an Alternative, Multilingual American Literary Realism," Benjamin A. Railton, Fitchburg State Univ.
3. "Traduciendo de el Dork: Cultural and Lingual Syncretism in Junot Díaz's The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao," Osvaldo Oyola, Binghamton Univ., State Univ. of New York
4. "Hybrid Tongues: Linguistic Innovations and Inventions in Contemporary Multiethnic United States Literature," Melissa Dennihy, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|