650. Theoretical and Pedagogical Approaches to the Role of Translation in Multiethnic and Multilingual Studies
Sunday, 11 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Superior B, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Literature of the United States in Languages Other Than English
Presiding: Montse Feu, Univ. of Houston, University Park
1. "Sentimentalism's Transpacific Journeys," Wen Jin, Fudan Univ.
2. "Translation and Estrangement: Toward a Pedagogy of the Foreign," Jamie Richards, Univ. of Oregon
3. "Ethnic Literature in Translation: A Transnational Approach to Writing-Intensive Courses," Montse Feu
4. "Beyond Translation: Why Mixed-Language Migrant Literature Requires Bi- or Multilingual Reading," Maria L. J. Lauret, Univ. of Sussex
For abstracts, visit uslitlote.wordpress.com/.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|