490. Language and Culture of the Low Countries
Sunday, 5 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., 203, Hynes
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Netherlandic Language and Literature
Presiding: Thomas F. Shannon, Univ. of California, Berkeley
1. "Translators on the Trade Routes of the Dutch East India Company," Bettina Brandt, Penn State Univ., University Park
2. "Pinkster: An Atlantic Creole Festival in a Dutch American Context," Jeroen Dewulf, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. "The Dutch Republic in Massinger and Fletcher's Barnavelt," Judy Park, Loyola Marymount Univ.
4. "Neodadaistic Experiments in the Low Countries and American Artistic Developments as a Frame of Reference," Yves T'Sjoen, Ghent Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|